NATA District Nine Representative - CONVENTION PROGRAM COMMITTEE
District Nine Representative on the NATA Convention Program Committee
CPC Job description:
The purpose of the Convention Program Committee (CPC) is to oversee development, planning and implementation of the educational program for the NATA Clinical Symposia and AT expo.
• Develop content and select speakers and moderators for educational sessions.
• Review and select member submitted program proposals.
• Ensure educational program content falls within the domains of athletic training.
• Schedule educational sessions
• Provide on-site oversight of educational program sessions during annual meeting.
• Attend annual NATA Clinical Symposia and AT Expo throughout the four (4) year term
• Participate on quarterly committee conference calls
• Attend an in-person committee meeting in the Fall
• Maintain communication with speakers throughout the educational program development process
CPC members should:
• Value the philosophy of evidence-based knowledge/practices
• Appreciate the breadth of the athletic training profession and membership
• Be forward thinking in advancing the education of practitioners
• Utilize effective communication practices
• Work well in a collaborative environment
As the education program developed by the CPC sets the standard for professional development and continuing education for our profession, it is very helpful for CPC members to have a strong background as a clinician, researcher, and/or academician. It is also helpful for committee members to have some experience with developing and planning an educational program.
All interested members are asked to please email your letter of interest as to why you would like to be on the committee applying for along with your qualifications & resume to Director Brunett @ email@example.com. Deadline for applicants to submit is Friday, November 13, 2020.
All newly selected members will begin shadowing the sitting committee member and participate on committee calls beginning January 1, 2021. Terms will begin at the June 2021 Convention in Orlando.